Wine soup with wild strawberries
You could also make this soup with regular Dutch strawberries. And watch out: it contains alcohol!
- 3 leaves (6 g) of gelatine
- 1 bottle of Moscato d’Asti or other sweet fizzy wine
- 30 g granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 250 g wild strawberries or Dutch strawberries (not Spanish)
- 1 tablespoonful icing sugar
- 100 ml pouring cream
Soak the gelatine in cold water for 10 minutes. Heat 200 ml of the wine, add the gelatine and sugar and dissolve. Leave to cool for 15 minutes, then add the rest of the wine and the lemon juice. Cover and chill for a minimum of 2 hours.
Wash the un-hulled wild strawberries quickly in cold water. Regular strawberries don’t need washing. Hull the strawberries and quarter the Dutch strawberries. Mix with the icing sugar and chill for at least 1 hour.
Pour the soup into 4 plates and add the strawberries or strawberry pieces. Dip a spoon into the cream and create of ring of droplets to decorate each soup.